In January 2021, I read fifteen books, and reviewed seventeen – two were read in 2020 but only due for publication in early January. Of these books, most were Australian authors, and one was by a male author, whilst another was a collaboration with a woman and a man. Many were kids’ books, as this is the industry I work in, and I like to keep on top of what is being published and what is coming out in the future.
I managed to finish the Friday Barnes series – up to book nine this month and am ready for when book ten comes out. I’m making it my goal this year to focus on Australian stories and to read as diversely as possible and get on top of not only my TBR piles, but get through the review piles as quickly as possible so things don’t pile up too quickly, so it doesn’t get overwhelming!
Each review is linked – as so far, they are all live on my blog and I’m on top of everything.
- Little Gem by Anna Zobel (Read 2020, Reviewed 2021)
- Nelson: Broccoli and Spies by Andrew Levins Read 2020, Reviewed 2021)
- Monty’s Island: Elvis Eager and the Golden Egg by Emily Rodda and Lucinda Gifford
- Elizabeth and Elizabeth by Sue Williams
- The Forest of Moon and Sword by Amy Raphael
- Friday Barnes: The Plot Thickens by R.A. Spratt
- Friday Barnes: Danger Ahead by R.A. Spratt
- The Good Hawk by Joseph Elliott
- Friday Barnes: Bitter Enemies by R.A. Spratt
- Friday Barnes: Never Fear by R.A. Spratt
- Gender Swapped Fairy Tales by Karrie Fransman and Jonathon Plackett
- Friday Barnes: No Escape by R.A. Spratt
- Cry of the Firebird by T.M. Clark
- The Hatmakers by Tamzin Merchant
- Shiver by Allie Reynolds
- The Violet Veil Mysteries: A Case of Grave Danger by Sophie Cleverly
- The House at the Edge of Magic by Amy Sparkes
Until next month!