When the below issues appear in historical fiction, it is usually, in my reading experience, a driving force for something for characters to fight against, and illustrates what has come before and where we are now. Most of these books I have read have not shrugged it off as nothing, but had a commentary on it to help us understand the issues. However, in general, I do not support:
- fetishising any group
- anything that in anyway harms any group.
- ace and arophobia
- any kind of discrimination
At the moment, I am receiving books from publishers to review monthly. Sometimes this means three, four or even more reviews due on the same day or within a few days of each other – as such, these reviews will take priority as I have dates for them, and contacts. I only review books I know I will enjoy, and these take priority.
- I attempt to write honest, yet balanced reviews, and have focus areas listed below.
- Books from publishers take priority.
- Please send a detailed email, including an introduction to who you are, your book, and all the details: Title, Author, Publisher, Publication Date, Price (Please specify if this is in another currency), Page numbers, Genre, and Synopsis. Also, once I have agreed to review, send a cover image.
- I reserve the right to say no if the book doesn’t fit my blog.
- I don’t read eBooks – I spend enough time using computers for work and volunteering, so I lean towards physical books to give my eyes a break from the light of screens.
- As an Australian Book Blogger, I support Australian authors, booksellers and publishers as my primary focus. As a result, my affiliate links for Angus and Robertson, Booktopia, Dymocks and QBD are Australian. For blog tours, I do provide other links as well for the tour.
- I do not use Amazon for anything, and I review primarily on my blog. Please do not send Amazon links.
Genres I review:
- Historical Fiction
- Genre blended
- Non-Fiction – biographies, history.
I don’t review:
As I also work as a LiteracyPro Quiz Writer, often these books will take priority as well.
The Book Muse